strategic marketing expert and business coach
Debbie has a passion for delivering creative, energetic, sound and practical solutions to business owners to help them achieve objectives, focus energy on what they do best, grow their business and maximise their marketing efforts. Guaranteed jargon free. She has worked in sales and marketing for the last 35 years. She is a
- Companion of the Institute of Sales and Marketing Management
- Qualified Coach and Mentor*
- Affiliate Professional of The Chartered Institute of Marketing
For the last six years, Debbie has run her own business, Armstrong Beech Marketing, providing a marketing ‘infusion’ for business owners when needed. For thirty years before that she worked across segments as wide apart as education and the very aggressive telephony solutions for businesses. All of these roles combined sales and marketing functions and as such she has always strived to produce sensible, workable marketing solutions instead of theoretical nonsense!
- She established from scratch a successful south west sales office for an independent mobile phone provider when she won one of the company’s largest contracts with Viridor plc, based in Taunton. She also undertook the marketing for the whole company;
- She proposed, developed, established and managed the successful commercial arm of a boarding school set in a 1200 acre estate in North Hampshire. This necessitated carefully weaving of school and pupil use alongside outside commercial use during term time as well as back to back holiday lets, working closely with the maintenance and grounds staff work schedules.
- She worked for a group of schools teaching English as a foreign language undertaking the marketing for the four schools open all the year as well as 10 summer schools. In addition she had her own sales “patch”, (which was half of Europe, the Near East – into Jordan and Syria, Central & South America and Montreal in Canada – travelling overseas for about one third of a year). She pioneered Colombia as one of the new markets, with joint funding from the British Tourist Authority and working with the national carrier in Colombia, Avianca. As the Falklands crisis in ’82 had an immediate impact on travel from Argentina, Chile and Brazil to the UK for language studies, Colombia developed into a hugely important market. (NB no mobiles or laptops in those days!).
She is based outside Bath and usually works locally including Bristol, Gloucester, Swindon, Oxford, throughout Wiltshire and down to Bournemouth and back through Dorset and Somerset.
She is married with two daughters – Rebecca a staff nurse for the North Bristol Trust and Beatrice a ‘cellist at The Royal Academy of Music on a post grad Masters. Debbie’s husband, Bernard, recently retired from 38 years as a boarding school director of music, and is now an international music examiner travelling regularly to Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia– so role reversal with the travel!
Debbie speaks good French, some German and Spanish and a little understanding of Italian. She served as Patrons’ Secretary of West Wiltshire Young Musicians for nine years, in which both of her children participated throughout their school years. She chaired the local Wiltshire/Bath branch for the Institute of Directors for 3.5 years and currently hosts a women’s business group in Bath.
She readily admits she is a workaholic, but when not working loves to travel, enjoys the arts, gardening and spending time with her family and friends.
*”Coaching and Mentoring for Professionals course” with Quiver Management. Foundation level qualification course that holds the European Quality Award (EQA) conferred by the European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC)
Call now on 01225 869 240 or 07789 778 335
Debbie Newman : strategic marketing expert and business coach